Sunday, 16 August 2009 18:52
- Have you thought about getting involved in rescue? Here are a few suggestions - can you....
- Be a FOSTER HOME for a rescue?
- Donate MONEY? (tax deductable)
- Donate towels, brooms, gently used shop vac for cleaning?
- Donate some treats, dog toys or a bag of food? (we feed our rescues Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul)
- Help socialize and play with a rescue?
- Brush or help bathe a rescue?
- Donate some grooming supplies (shampoos, combs, brushes, etc.)?
- Help transport a dog to a foster home, new owner or rescue?
- Donate a gift certificate to a pet store?
- Donate flea drops (Frontline, etc.)?
- Donate heartworm pills? (we use Interceptor for our rescues)
- Conduct a home visit or accompany a rescue person on the home visit?
- Have a yard sale and donate the money to rescue?
- Talk to all your friends about adopting and fostering rescue dogs?
- Donate vet services or help by donating a spay or neuter each year or some vaccinations?
- Write a column for your newspaper on dogs currently looking for homes or ways to help rescue?
- Help organize and run fundraising events?
- Donate a bottle of bleach, trash bags, or other cleaning products?
- Pay for the dog to be groomed?
- Donate printer paper, envelopes and stamps?
- Provide post-adoption follow up or support?
- Donate a coupon for a free car wash or gas or inside cleaning of a rescue vehicle?
- Pay for an ad in your local/metropolitan paper to help place rescue dogs?
- Buy two of those really neat dog-items you "have to have" and donate one to rescue?
- Make financial arrangements in your will to cover the cost of caring for your dogs after you are gone - so rescue won't have to?
- Donate a doggy seatbelt or car carrier?
- Organize a rescued dog picnic or other event to reunite rescued dogs that have been placed?
**gently-used dog equipment is always welcomed**
Last Updated on Sunday, 13 December 2009 20:50